|Page (1) of 1 - 03/14/18||email article||print page|
Tech Marketers Think Outside the Buyer’s Journey When it Comes to Content Marketing(March 14, 2018)
CLEVELAND, March 14, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- More technology marketers say they’re focused on creating the right content for the right person at the right time – but fewer report they’re crafting content for specific points on the buyer’s journey. That’s one of the key findings from the just-released research report by the Content Marketing Institute. The Technology Content Marketing 2018: Benchmarks, Budgets, and Trends report, sponsored by IDG Communications, Inc., looks at how technology marketers have changed their content marketing practices over the last year.
To see our analysis and download the full report visit:
What did we find?In 2018, 63% of tech marketers say they prioritize providing the right content to the right person at the right time. That’s a big jump from 49% the previous year. However, 50% said they always or frequently craft content for specific points in the buyer’s journey compared to 60% the previous year.
What does this mean?
Other Key Highlights:
- 31% of tech marketers say their content marketing is extremely or very successful – that’s up seven percentage points from the previous year, when 24% reported high success.
- Like last year, nearly 70% say their organization is much or somewhat more successful with content marketing compared with one year ago; as they did last year, respondents attributed that increased success primarily to doing a better job with content creation and developing or adjusting their content marketing strategy.
- 66% of technology marketers agree their leadership team gives them ample time to produce content marketing results, compared with 51% the previous year.
- 67% of technology marketers outsource at least one content marketing activity, with content creation being cited most often (56%).
- Technology marketers indicated their organizations use an average of five digital technologies specifically for managing content marketing efforts, with 91% reporting use of analytics tools and 75% reporting use of marketing automation software.
Watch this video, for a quick analysis of the research.
For research charts, key highlights, quotes and more, check out this folder.
To view all CMI research and to subscribe to our emails visit: contentmarketinginstitutecom/research
About Content Marketing Institute
Content Marketing Institute is the leading global content marketing education and training organization, teaching enterprise brands how to attract and retain customers through compelling, multichannel storytelling. CMI’s Content Marketing World event, the largest content marketing-focused event, is held every September in Cleveland, Ohio, USA, and the Intelligent Content Conference event is held every spring. CMI publishes the bi-monthly magazine Chief Content Officer, and provides strategic consulting and content marketing research for some of the best-known brands in the world. Watch this video to learn more about CMI. Content Marketing Institute is organized by UBM plc. UBM is the largest pure-play B2B Events organizer in the world. Our 3,750+ people, based in more than 20 countries, serve more than 50 different sectors. Our deep knowledge and passion for these sectors allow us to create valuable experiences which enable our customers to succeed. Please visit www.ubm.com for the latest news and information about UBM.
A photo accompanying this announcement is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/6ce467cc-d200-46d7-a857-d9cf178579a2
CONTACT: Press Contact:Amanda SublerAmanda.Subler@ubm.com